Sunday 23 March 2008

Tofu & Veg Stir Fry with Spectacular Tahini Sauce


I didn't cook last night but went to dinner at a local Italian in Surbiton (Da Lucio on the Maple Road). I was a bit worried that I wouldn't be able to eat anything, but I phoned ahead and most of their pastas were dried so I had a few choices, which is always nice!! I had tomato & garlic bruschetta to start and then penne arrabiata - delovely!

So, here's a meal from a few weeks ago, before I started blog - what do you mean you don't take pics of your dinner?!?! Doesn't everyone!?! This is a fantastic stir fry from La Dolce Vegan - it should be garlic shoot but I just substituted the veg I had at the time so used leeks, kale, broccoli & edamame and tofu. The sauce is truly spectacular - I think it's the best way I've eaten tahini (outside of hummus!!) and you really should try it! The whole thing was served on brown rice. Mmmmm, I'm getting hungry just typing this!

No comments: